Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hey guys!

Sorry for the slacking updates. Not much has happened this week other than homework, and that's all sorts of boring, trust me.

But, I wanted to let y'all know what I was up to this coming weekend and what I did last night...!

Firstly, we all piled in a bus (all meaning the Song Festival kids, and the music class) and went out to the middle of nowhere. You know, roughly. And then we happened upon this beautiful, huge hotel.

Inside we watched the concert, but then, if you were willing to pay a little somethin' somethin', you got to stay for dinner. And stay for dinner I did.

The first primi was risotto with white asparagus, which is native to the area. It was so amazing, and I need to perfect my risotto skills.

The second primi was a pasta in a very light sauce with peas. It was all right, but I was still blown away by the risotto.

In Italy, you always drink white wine with the primi, and red with the secondi, no matter what kind of meat it served. The white wine was fine, a bit of a bite, but crisp, none the same.

The secondi was veal with artichoke hearts and potatoes. The veal was very nice, but I was on my way to full at this point. The red wine we had was a merlot, and it was nice, sweet, but really full-bodied.

For dessert, we had strawberries and limon gelato, along with a sparkling Italian dessert wine, which was really super fabulous. ((Sidenote to Max, we hafta get you to try some. You might like it.))

Today, I am leaving for Milano. We're just staying a couple of nights again, and coming back early to do homework for our LAST WEEK HERE! It went by super fast. Fast enough for me to not get homesick or nuffin'.

Expect a Milano report and pictures, along with a meal update on Wednesday morning or afternoon about the fancy dinner I'm going to on Tuesday night.

I love you all!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment