Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hey y'all!

Sorry about my slacking, nonupdating self. Once I got back from Milan, I dove into getting everything ready for my last week and finals, which start today.

So, Milan was fabulous. We woke up early and hit up the little pastry shop near our hotel for breakfast, and went adventuring. It took half an hour to get to the Duomo, the center of town, basically, but it was a good walk. We saw the duomo and stumbled across Brendon, and watched the Milanos celebrate some sort of military-esqe holiday in front of the duomo. There was some sort of ceremony, but we didn't know what it was for or what they were saying, so we soon abandoned the ceremony and went looking for Brendon some nice pants for the dinner we had coming up. So we found pants, climbed to the top of the duomo and walked on the slanted roof, and hit up the local castle/museum. (You don't have one? For shame!)

Then we got coffee (inside, as it had started raining), grabbed dinner on the way back to the hotel, and went to bed.

The next morning we met Brendon at the same pastry shop for breakfast (we were on our way to the fashion center, and he was heading towards the train station). We got some sort of espresso with milk and cocoa. It was lovely, and they sprinkled cocoa on the top in the shape of a heart for Melinda and I. It was cute.

Then we finished up our shopping (and I got a really chic clutch). And we popped on the train and went home.

Since then, I went to a slightly less fancy, but still fancy dinner, a couple of concerts, and have worked frantically on homework and packing.

So, in 24 hours, I'll be in the Marco Polo airport in Venice. I still need to:
1) Take a final in one class.
2) Go to a concert
3) Do a concert write-up for the aforementioned concert
4) Finish packing
5) Finish and present a short oral presentation for my other final.

And then I'm in a taxi and out of here. I hope to see a lot of y'all soon, and I don't know if I'll update this blog again, but it sure was noce to have!

Love y'all!

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment