Friday, May 22, 2009

Bassano and Asolo.

So, class was fine yesterday, whatever.

But then I went to Bassano, the 'big' town nearby. It's a lot more urban looking than the rest of the 'de Grappa' region. We found this fabulous old bridge and took a lot of pictures there, and ate gelato. The only problem I had with the trip, is when everyone sticks together in one big group, we look more like tourists, but we were all going to see the same things (the Church in the town, and the Bridge) so it was smart to stay together.

That night, I went to Asolo for a concert for one of my classes. Asolo is like... Maybe certain areas in Williamsburg. Covered in ritzy resturants, a few high end places to shop, and scenery. Malinda and I went back today after class, I got some lovely pictures there, including climbing to the top of a large hill (or small mountain) to see a castle. ((It's not like the castle in your head. I'll post pictures later)). I also ate more gelato. ((Gelato flavors tried: bacio, or hazelnut, and a long word, that starts with an s, that means vanilla ice cream with chocolate pieces in it.))

Tomorrow, I think we're gonna go to Bassano again. Bus tickets are cheap, and we won't go unless we know we can get there and back without calling a cab. So that'll be me, Malinda, Nick, and maybe Brendon if we can find him.

I promise to do pictures this weekend, and get at least some of them up online. I hope everyone if having a good summer or last of the school year, and I'll be back tomorrow with another post!

ilu.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment