Saturday, May 23, 2009

Bassano e Cinese.

I spelled nothing in the title wrong.

So, today is a very nice day off! Malinda, Nick and I went to Bassano. We caught the 11:45 bus to Bassano after getting tickets on the tabacchi. A half an hour bus ride later, we were in Bassano. We found the bridge (ponte) and took more pictures, and wandered around s'more.

Then we had 'Cinese'. ((You say 'c' as a 'ch' in Italian, So, it's Chinese.)) I had salt and paper shrimp, and their shells were still on, along with their little legs, and they were fab and crunchy.

Then we got gelato (rocher and cookie for me) and sat in the shade during siesta time. We hit up a couple of stores on the way back to the bus stop.

We totally bought bus tickets, and the man selling them didn't make fun of us. ((The train and bus terminal people can be mean!!)) Then we got back on our bus and came home!

We did a few things in our rooms before running to the tabacchi for sandwiches for dinner. We all got an extra, in case there's no food to be had tomorrow. ((Everything is closed on Sunday)).

Tomorrow we're walking to Crispano to go the the big open air market. There should be food there, along with maybe some neat things to buy.

There's pictures from Bassano, Asolo, and Paderno on Facebook.

No confirmed location for this coming weekend's trip, but I'll let y'all know as soon as possible!

I love y'all!

-K

((I think I have a bug bite on my ankle.))

No comments:

Post a Comment